I was not sure I was ready to put my life out there. I was not sure of people’s reaction. Fear was written all over me and the thought of other people poking their noses into my life in the future was terrifying. How would I deal with it? But why did it feel scary and exciting at the same time?May be it was because I had a passion, I had made up my mind to pursue it but I was not sure of how deep the waters would be. Yes I had a fear, a fear I did not understand. So I wrote it down as my very first post on this blog, the fear of the unknown.Look where we are at now!!! We are celebrating two years!! It has been two years people. Even I am having a had time believing that, how time flies.
I can not begin to explain how excited I am to be celebrating this two years of a great blogging journey. I have really enjoyed and hope you have been entertained too. However, it has not all been bliss. There are days I have felt like quitting, other times I just want to lay down and do nothing because things did not go as expected, not forgetting having to create content and writers block. But when I look at where we started and the progress made, I get the morale to face all challenges head on. I do not expect it to be easier as we go on, but I am sure we have formed some gills and fins to swim as deep as it can take us.
During these two years I have come to learn that we all need to chase our passions like it is the last bus of the night, be fearless in doing so and the passion will surely be your paycheck. Here is a summary of all the lessons I have learnt:
- Start even if you do not feel ready
- Do not let fear hold you back
- It does not matter what other people think of you as long as you are doing the right thing.
- Do not walk alone because the journey will be long and might get lonely. Have friends and mentors to hold your hand up and to celebrate the milestones with. Make sure to connect with people in the same field
- Stay focused on the goal
- Be consistent and persistent
- Know that too much expectations may lead to disappoints. Let go of those and just experiment
- Keep going and never ever give up
I will leave it at that for now, but not without introducing this low cut lacy dress that I got from a friend and screams partyyyy. After all cheers to two years of blogging.
Dress: Friend’s closet clean up
Make up: Anne of Chish Makeup art
Photography: Bmpicz Photography